For $25 a year, students can now join ALL THREE sponsoring professional materials societies! Here are just a few of the reasons YOU want to join! (will be updated to included ACerS benefits in the future)
- Eligible for GREAT scholarships!
Need-based, US residents only
* George A. Roberts Scholarships - 7 scholarships at $6,000 each.
* William Park Woodside Founder's Scholarship - 1 year full tuition of up to $10,000.
* Nicholas J. Grant Scholarship - 1 year full tuition.
Merit-based, open to international students
* ASM Outstanding Scholars Awards - 3 awards at $2,000 each
* ASM Foundation Scholarship Awards - 12 awards at $1,000 each.
* ASM Foundation Technical & Community College Scholarship Awards - 10 awards at $500 each
TMS—The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society
* J. Keith Brimacombe Presidential Scholarship – 1 at $5,000 plus a $1,000 travel Stipend
* EMPMD Gilbert Chin Scholarship – 1 at $2,000 plus up to $500 for travel expenses
* Extraction & Processing Division Scholarship – 4 at $2,000 each plus up to $500 for travel expenses
* International Symposium on Superalloys Scholarship – 2 at $2,000 each
* Light Metals Division Scholarship – 3 at $4,000 each plus up to $600 for travel expenses.
* Structural Materials Division Scholarship – 2 at $2,500 each plus up to $500 for travel expenses
* Shri Ram Arora Award for Materials Science and Engineering Education - 1 at $1,000 cash award to be used at the recipient's discretion and $1,500 to be applied toward travel, accommodation, and registration expenses.
* Student Travel Scholarships – 6 at $500 (2 per EMPMD, SMD and MPMD)
Also, the many local chapters, like the one in the DC area, give scholarships.
- Conferences—FREE registration and session monitor positions (well-paid!)
- FREE journals sent monthly—Journal of Materials and Advanced Materials and Processes—very helpful for classes and staying up to date. Also, ASM & TMS e-news.
- NETWORKING—meet future employers and colleagues through the Member Directory, ASM dinners, technical conferences, speakers bureau, and more!
- Career Resources Center—Materials engineering related job search tools, career links, and place wanted ads in AM&P and JOM! Visit www.crc4mse.org.
- Discounted prices at the bookstore. Awesome references at the on-line document center.
- Training & courses—stay in touch with latest concepts and innovations.
And even MORE benefits upon graduation…